Tag Archives: MIA: FAQ
What the FaQ?!
So, what is “Meanwhile, In America”?
In a nutshell, Meanwhile, In America is:
- Deliberately Snarky.
- Deliberately Politically Incorrect.
- Deliberately Tongue-In-Cheek.
- Deliberately Stereotyping.
- Chronically Observant of American Society Today.
- Exercising our right to express ourselves through Freedom of Speech / Expression.
- A SATIRE website.
- The Official website of the original “Meanwhile, In America …” internet meme, that everyone has seen at some point in their internet travels.
- Not meant to have any part of it taken literally and to heart, whether it be the tags, the file names, the caption, etc.
- Very friendly, but unapologetic.
If you’re a very politically correct, highly sensitive, easily offended person (maybe you don’t even realize you are?), then you’re the one we’re poking fun at.
We believe here, that the world has gotten so uptight and ridiculously politically correct that no-one is able to even breathe without someone else getting offended and trying to come down hard on them.
However, if you agree with the above sentence, we love you long time, and know you’ll love us right back. 🙂
- Receiving hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per day.
Not unlike television shows such as Southpark, which (brilliantly) observes society and adds their own, often “biting”, running commentary of American society today, Meanwhile, In America serves to observe, bring attention to, and ultimately totally, and completely make fun of our fellow Americans (and our so-called “leaders”), and our (THEIR! 😉 ) choices in how to behave, choose to speak, or otherwise present themselves to the rest of the country, and the world.
We post selected images and videos sent in by our visitors; all posts are meant with humor in mind, while sometimes a subtle (or not always so subtle) political statement may slip through the cracks. Admittedly, the flavor of satire throughout this site is not in everyone’s taste, and we not only accept that, but are proud of it, in the sense that it IS America after all, and “Freedom of Speech” IS still (currently) a right, even though most people (yes, that even includes YOU, Dear Reader) love to brow-beat your fellow Americans into politically-correct submission, and stifle any sense of individualism if what is said doesn’t completely agree with your own thoughts.
In short, we’re not here to piss anyone off, but we will end up doing so in one way or another anyway, because it is absolutely IMpossible to please everyone, all of the time, and people these days are looking for any excuse to get offended by others.
Hopefully, you’ll relax and enjoy Meanwhile, In America, seeing the site for what it actually is; satire, and if not you can only blame yourselves, because all we’re doing is re-posting what YOU are all doing out there! 🙂
#MeanwhileInAmerica – Share us Far and Wide, Fellow Americans! The meme must go on!
“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.” ~ Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
‘There’s no such thing as bad publicity’ ~ Phineas T. Barnum, 19th century American showman & circus owner.
New to Meanwhile, In America? Not sure where to start?
- Perhaps you’d like to visit our Sitemap? There are ample tags there to peruse our funny picture and video content.
- Maybe you’d like to send us some of your own funny photos or vids? Well, hop on over to our Submission page!
- Or perhaps you’d like to send us a message, media inquiry, or if you’re interested in having your advertisements displayed on our site, stop by our Contact form and let us hear from ya!
- Request a photo or video to be removed? Go here, but be sure to read the relevant notice before submitting!
- Complaints? Go to … ! 🙂
FAQ Last Updated: 5/19/2015 2:30 PM
- November 2016
- July 2016
- April 2016
- January 2016
- September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- May 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012